Monday, July 16, 2012

Well it's official, that challenge all Christians have to "walk by faith" has become a reality to us the past couple of weeks. Don't get me wrong, everyday should be lived that way but we have recently felt the challenge more than ever. You name the area in life and we are walking by faith: financially, mechanical car problems, health concerns, future home/current home, family health problems, career pursuits, etc. I'm not here to complain. I cannot lie, however, it has been taxing on my heart. JT and i have had to practice a great amount of communication the past couple of weeks. That in itself is a challenge at times--when i finally meet God face to face i might ask him why women and men communicate so differently. Alas, the communication has been the only thing that has helped make this rocking boat of life seem a little stable. At church this weekend my rocking boat of life took on it's own identity. It was no longer a crazy, uncontrollable feeling but a peaceful, meaningful part of God's plan. While sitting out in the cushy seats, holding my delicious vanilla iced coffee, I heard Pastor Craig read 1 Peter 4:12-13 "12 Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you. 13 But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed." Rejoice? We are to rejoice over these trials of sharing one car? Really God? I had to really think about the message. That very night I decided it was a challenge I was willing to take. Our Lincoln Navigator had broken down 4 days earlier and we had been sharing a car. Sunday night JT and I were discussing the next week's driving schedule between the two of us when i felt slightly stressed. Then I remembered the challenge of rejoicing. I decided to thank God for allowing us the opportunity to spend extra time with each other while sharing the car. I thanked Him for allowing us to have at least one great car that was running. Better one than none! I felt a great amount of peace. That very night, the Navigator started and we took it to Auto Zone to find out that it had NO PROBLEMS other than maybe getting a newer battery. God is good!! Through it all, I can say that I have full hope that God has a plan and we are just along for a great adventure. Whether the boat is rocking or we are riding through still waters, we will continue to rejoice.

2 comments:

  1. Karyn,
    You are such a great model for me in everything - as a believer in Christ, as a wonderful wife...I thiank you for your friendship and your encouragement!!! Thank you for the great reminders to REJOICE in this time of suffering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so sweet Destiney! I love you dearly. I am here for you whenever you need, even if it is late at night :)

    ReplyDelete