Wow the summer has been flying by the past couple weeks. Not to mention it has been a consistent heat wave of triple digits for over a month. Lily and I were going on 4 mile walks for the longest time but this summer has really put a damper on that. We still go on our walks but we don't last as long. I shouldn't complain, I prefer heat over the cold any day.
Well, things are really looking up since my last post. God is good and has provided some answers to prayers and opened doors that were closed. Whew! JT has embarked on a new adventure in McAlister's Deli as upper management. Leaving Braum's after 5 1/2 years was full of mixed emotions but it was time for some change. Not to mention we are slightly addicted to McAlister's sweet tea!! So, I welcome the enabled addiction with open arms. We are excited because JT has endless possibilities with this company. I'm so proud of him, he is such a hard worker and has impressed all workers so far in a matter of two weeks. Seeing him everyday by 4:30 doesn't hurt anything either.
I feel as if our new hobby is "Change" and we are looking for it in everything. Not that we don't have enough change on our plate, we have decided after a year here in Oklahoma that this is where we want to build our life together. We have been discussing buying a home and have been looking around at what is out there. Being first home buyers is scary to me because i am a penny-pencher at heart and it is hard to make such a large purchase. But according to people we look up to and of course Dave Ramsey, we are doing it right. Prayers are appreciated throughout this process. We trust that if it is God's plan then it will work out. If not, we are prepared to rent for another year. I'm just so stinking excited to have a place that it OURS. In time I suppose.
I'll keep everyone posted if our dream home shows up! Until next time, I pray that God blesses each and everyone of you.
No comments:
Post a Comment